Villa Emo is a Venetian villa near Fanzolo, in Vedelago, in the province of Treviso, and it was build by the architect Andrea Palladio. The work, probably built starting from 1558, was commissioned by the Emo family of Venice, a family that remain until 2004.
It is one of the most accomplished Palladian villas, built when Palladio has created similar buildings for twenty years. For the design of the villa were used the same mathematical proportions, both in elevation and in the size of the rooms, employed by Palladio for the remainder of his work. Since 1996 it has been included by UNESCO in the list of World Heritage sites, together with the other Palladian villas in Veneto and in Vicenza “Palladio’s City”.
The villa is framed by two long barchesse boats that originally housed the structures for the agricultural activities, according to a project of production structure analogous of Villa Badoer and of much of the projects Palladian of Villa. The entrance is at the end of a long paved path of large square stones.
The exteriors are essential, without decorations, while the interiors are richly decorated with frescoes by Giovanni Battista Zelotti, author of similar works in other Palladian villas.